Skip to main content

A Blog About Poop

Poop is a popular subject at our house.  Not necessarily amongst the parental units, but definitely amongst the under 5 foot population.  I can tell you, dear reader, must also have a fondness for the subject or you would not still be reading this blog.  Finally, my children have provided me with enough gems regarding poop that I must share with you.  Lucky you.

There's nothing like your beautiful little girl shouting out in the middle of church, "MY POOPS ARE COMING OUT!".  So lady-like.  And I love the looks I get from other people in stores when I tell my little darling she'll have to wait to potty and she begins to spin around in circles, grabs the back of her britches and shouts, "BUT I'M GOIN' TO POOP MY PANTS!"  Apparently all announcements regarding our bowel movements must be made at full volume.

Little Sunshine is an authority on poop.  She has studied the subject in depth.  More than once I have been summoned to the bathroom to be met with her observations on the effect birthday cake icing can have on poop.  She also finds separating laundry highly educational as she closely examines each pair of her brother's underpants and makes sure to alert the entire family of any suspicious activity she finds. She will sound the alarm for any discovery of poop in the cat's litter box, which I can tell embarrasses Mab to no end.  I am pretty sure Mab is actively plotting her revenge.  She's a highly evolved cat, well, except for the need for a litter box.  But, I digress.

El Hubbo has not been unscathed in Little Sunshine's fascination with poop.  One time he sternly ordered her to do something, she left the room and could be heard muttering, "Poopie-head".  This was our first name-calling experience with Little Sunshine, and you can be certain that as soon as El Hubbo recovered from having his heart broken by being referred to in such a manner by the apple of his eye, he rapidly applied the board of education to her seat of knowledge. 

El Hubbo and Little Sunshine have many such meetings.  As he was recently threatening her with another educational session, she said (very calmly I might add), "If you spank me, I'll be poopin' on you."  I dare any of you to respond to that with a straight face.  Count your blessings that you don't have to square off with this one on a daily basis like we do.

Not to be outdone, Number One Son has a good poop story as well.  He and I were driving to go to dinner one day, and he exclaimed, "Mom, I am so hungry I could eat a pound of cheese.  What would happen if I ate a pound of cheese?"  Unfortunately, my censor chip was not working and I popped off, "Jake!  You wouldn't poop for a month!"   I heard him giggle.  Then I heard him laugh.  Then he outright guffawed.  I knew I had made a mistake, but I tried to do some damage-control.  "Jake, you don't need to repeat that."  He just grinned, and I knew that at some point the child would attempt to test that theory.  We got to the restaurant and sat down.  We looked at the menus.  The waitress came over and asked what we would like.  Yep, you know it.  Jake said, "I'd like a pound of cheese!"  Note to self:  Look for constipation medication coupons.

I apologize, dear reader, if you found this blog topic unseemly.  It is, unfortunately, a subject that takes up a large portion of my life, and I know that hearing such stories of my life make others feel so grateful that they are not me.  You are welcome.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uno Lampino

 El Hubbo started the conversation with "Now, promise you won't kill him." That immediately got my attention.   "He broke one of your lamps when he came in the house with the weed eater.  Like beyond repair." I asked, "Why was he bringing the weed eater through the house?" "Well, he cleaned it up and he feels bad," El Hubbo said.  "I thought I should call and give you warning.  We've spent so much time and money getting him to this point....." "Ugh."  I hung up. Upon my arrival home, I saw the lampshade on the counter.  Then I saw the boy child.  I grabbed him in a big hug.  "Your daddy called and told me you wanted to take me lamp shopping.  That is so sweet of you!" He looked a bit bewildered but relieved that I had not immediately gone for the jugular.  "Uh, yeah, ok." "I'm so excited that I'm getting new lamps for the living room!" "Wait?  Lamps?  Don't you mean 'l

A Simple Virtual Christmas Letter 2020

 I used to send out a Christmas card with usually funny pictures of my offspring and a Christmas letter.  A couple years ago, I noticed I received only a couple Christmas cards and I noticed how expensive my little project was, and I noticed how expensive Number One Son's braces were going to be, and I decided that the card and letter tradition had probably gone the way of others. and it was time to stop.  My holiday spirit died a little that day. And, then, a miracle.  It's 2020 and I have received a record number of Christmas cards!  Actual, in the mailbox, Christmas cards!  And, several virtual cards (which I still give points for as it takes time and planning.) My holiday spirit enjoyed that little boost.   So, as it is too late to assemble the actual card and letter,  here's the resurrected virtual annual report of the Martinez Clan: Number One Son has grown to the point he looks his mama in the eye.  He sidles up to her often to see if he has passed her.  She reminds

Doin' Cowboy Stuff

"Steer's out!" was the call El Hubbo got last Saturday.  We were outside on our back porch, enjoying our newly cleaned up space, when our friend and neighbor down the road called. He'd just gotten two steers the night before, and we'd gone to help him unload. "They are a bit bigger than I thought they were going to be," he said.  He'd planned to get a couple steers to feed out and then have butchered.  Usually that translates into a 300 - 500 lb calf, and you feed them out to about 1000 - 1300 lbs.  When we arrived, we were greeted by two solid black, 900+ lb steers who were not too happy with their current circumstances.   Mean would be an understatement.  They were in the trailer, but they eyed us with a "We're bigger and badder than you" look in their eyes.  El Hubbo and I looked at each other a bit surprised, and then we hopped out and got to work.  The trailer was backed up, the gates were opened and out they charged!  Around the h