Skip to main content

FREE STUFF

Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE FREE STUFF.  It doesn't matter what it is.  If it is free, I feel I need it.  I went to the Lubbock Business Expo, and by the time I walked out, I needed a five foot clearance radius due to the number of bags and paraphernalia I was hauling around.  Probably should have worn a back up beeper and had an escort vehicle.  I'm pretty sure I knocked a few people off their feet when I turned around and made a mad dash for the "spin-to-win" game at the Chick-Fil-A booth. 

Needless to say, it's been years since I've bought office supplies.  And, as vendors get more and more creative, I should be fairly well stocked in some cleaning supplies as well.  Don't even get me started on how much this saves me on toys for the kids.  They love to color with hi-liters and play with light-up keychains! 

Lest you doubt anything I've stated above as being absolutely factual, here is a listing of the "free stuff" I hauled in:

1 free Lubbock magazine
1 Dion's Stadium Seat
2 bottles of H2O
1 yellow cup
1 coaster
1 koozie
1 CarpetTech Spot Out
1 kleenex pack
3 wooden rulers
1 flyswatter
1 fishing bob
1 bookmark
1 change purse keychain
2 letter openers
1 business card holder
1 finger nail file
1 health organizer and medicine tracker
1 mousepad
1 pill keeper
3 tea bags (various types)
1 pack of lysol wipes
1 plain key chain
2 light-up key chains
1 thermostat light plate
19 sticky note pads
1 clementine orange
9 small bottles of hand sanitizer
5 chapsticks
2 eyeglass cleaning wipes
1 back massager
4 pieces of candy
1 Larabar sample (cherry pie)
1 stain remover stick
1 set of key finder tags
2 magnetic chip clips
2 pairs of sunglasses
1 rubber band bracelet
2 emergen-C packs (different flavors)
1 sample of Miralax (hey, you never know)
1 sample bottle of glucosamine
1 sample bottle of fish oil pills
1 bottle of SlimFast
1 iPhone desk keeper thing (not sure of the exact name)
1 Folgers coffee sample pack
1 weather station clock
1 plastic ball
1 AFLAC fishing duck
1 lunch box
1 cell phone light
2 golf balls
1 pack of pecans
3 computer paper sample packs
7 small notepads
1 note cube
1 string backpack
1 t-shirt
2 plastic hawaiian leis
2 coloring books
1 collapsible water bottle
3 temporary tattoos
39 pens
3 hiliters
2 pencils
9 sharpies (various colors)
1 large notepad
1 carpal tunnel wrist guard

And then there were the coupons:
$5 fun card to Main Event
2 free car washes
1 free hamburger
1 free milkshake
4 - $2 coupons toward car washes
2 - $2 coupons toward the drive in movies
2 - fuddrucker coupons
$10 coupon for BugTech


I need all of this, I am certain of it.  In case you were wondering what all of that looked like, here is a picture of it all laid out in my office.


Yep.  Today is a good day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doin' Cowboy Stuff

"Steer's out!" was the call El Hubbo got last Saturday.  We were outside on our back porch, enjoying our newly cleaned up space, when our friend and neighbor down the road called. He'd just gotten two steers the night before, and we'd gone to help him unload. "They are a bit bigger than I thought they were going to be," he said.  He'd planned to get a couple steers to feed out and then have butchered.  Usually that translates into a 300 - 500 lb calf, and you feed them out to about 1000 - 1300 lbs.  When we arrived, we were greeted by two solid black, 900+ lb steers who were not too happy with their current circumstances.   Mean would be an understatement.  They were in the trailer, but they eyed us with a "We're bigger and badder than you" look in their eyes.  El Hubbo and I looked at each other a bit surprised, and then we hopped out and got to work.  The trailer was backed up, the gates were opened and out they charged!  Around the h...

A Simple Virtual Christmas Letter 2020

 I used to send out a Christmas card with usually funny pictures of my offspring and a Christmas letter.  A couple years ago, I noticed I received only a couple Christmas cards and I noticed how expensive my little project was, and I noticed how expensive Number One Son's braces were going to be, and I decided that the card and letter tradition had probably gone the way of others. and it was time to stop.  My holiday spirit died a little that day. And, then, a miracle.  It's 2020 and I have received a record number of Christmas cards!  Actual, in the mailbox, Christmas cards!  And, several virtual cards (which I still give points for as it takes time and planning.) My holiday spirit enjoyed that little boost.   So, as it is too late to assemble the actual card and letter,  here's the resurrected virtual annual report of the Martinez Clan: Number One Son has grown to the point he looks his mama in the eye.  He sidles up to her often to se...

Travel Chaos

Travel seems to never be a smooth endeavor anymore. I was scheduled to leave for Nashville this past week, El Hubbo was headed for Borger, Tx, and the kids would be left to their own devices. Ok, not really. The kids would be packed off to their grandparents in Floydada. We'd arranged for Rocky to go to the kennel, Mab (the cat) and Soosie (the fish) really would be left to their own devices. See what I mean? This situation called for massive coordination similar to that of most covert military operations. The first sign that things were simply not going to go according to plan was Rocky. Having been kennel led the week before while we took a quick trip to Austin, he managed to get Kennel Cough. Despite having been vaccinated. Great. We could not now kennel him, do now what? El Hubbo begged his sister to come over and play nurse to Rocky. I wasn't sure that he was going to make that happen as my sister-in-law is not really much of an animal person, and is especial...